Thursday 14 April 2016

Chain of Command

You know what the ‘Chain of Command’ is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til ya understand who’s in ruttin’ command here.” – Jayne, Firefly
Well, ok, wrong genre, but it’s still a great quote.
Today though, I’m talking about my (current) favourite WWII ruleset – “Chain of Command” from Too Fat Lardies. I pretty much own every ruleset out there for this period (except Rapid Fire for some reason – and that just happens to be the one that TeeSOG plays). So I have started building a BEF force to play scenarios from the Battle of France in 1940. I’m hoping to play a linked series of games following the exploits of a platoon of infantrymen forming the rear guard of the retreat to the beaches of Dunkirk. Opposing them would be a variety of German forces: initially reconnaissance units followed by Panzers as the blitzkrieg rolls over them, and then infantry and even some SS troops for good measure.
To this end, I have started making a number of scenic pieces to use as Jump Off Markers and Objective Markers.



I have a number of 1:48 scale vehicle kits to build too – a Bedford lorry, a aircraft refuelling truck (will be made as a burnt-out ruin), a Universal Carrier, and a Westland Lysander spotter plane for the British. And for the Germans I have an Opel Blitz truck, a Kubelwagen, an SdKfz 222, and a Panzer II. (I chose 1:48 because … reasons.) I’ll post pics of them once I have a few finished.

1 comment:

  1. Ah quoting from Firefly eh Alan very nice. I was surprised when they did the movie Serenity and had the improved props they didn't try a second series...
    Oh and we'll be expecting you to stage a Chain of Command game one evening!
    Also regarding the Two Fat Lardies and WW2 rules I'll be staging a 28mm Troops, Weapons and Tactics game one night and a 6mm I Ain't Been Shot Mum game on another...lots of WW2 rules...

    ReplyDelete