Wednesday 5 December 2018

TGAA - Another Improvised Armoured Car - A Variation on a Theme

Below the NSW Governor, Philip Game along with Army and Police representatives cheer another new Improvised Armoured Car as it rolls out of the workshops of the Randwick Tramways Workshop, note another Crossley can be seen in the factory awaiting conversion!

The Build

The base for this A/C was an old Matchbox Crossley Truck, the Carlsberg one, not my favourite beer so no problem removing that rear tarp section! 😊. The build like the other A/Cs for this campaign was pretty straight forward. I used my usual styrene sheet with odds and ends from the parts box. This time I enclosed the drivers cab in the armoured superstructure. I was going to place the turret further forward but was distracted looking at the existing Crossley A/C and just added it toward the rear, no issue as it's all just made up anyway!. Also there is an 'armour plate' added to cover the front of the radiator, I figured this would only be attached in combat situations for short periods of time! I used colours that were standard for the time in construction so would be handy.

Hers's a couple of work in progress pictures....


The finished vehicle...



Thanks! This A/C will feature in the next TGAA scenario, The Third Beaconsfield Test...

1 comment: