Sunday 9 August 2020

Dead Man's Hand AAR - Shoot out at the Ranch with No Name!

Last Monday we tried out Escape Games Dead Man's Hand Rules!

Setting the scene...1870, many Ranchers in the western valleys of Montana were having trouble with outlaws rustling doggies from their herds and then high tailing it into impenetrable mountains. The owners of The Ranch with no Name decided to make a stand against these low lifes and fight back!

The Sides...


The Action!













Okay what to say about the rules, well they are easy to learn and give a good and quick game, perfect for an evening gaming get together. I also have the follow up rule book which covers 'campaigns' so will need to look at that now as we will definitely be playing these rules again! Hmmm, now to build a Wild West town street setting!

4 comments:

  1. A splendid looking game and AAR sir...
    I’ve had a couple of games of Dead Mans Hand and they have all been fun... it does appear however that I am a bullet magnet...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aly!
      Thanks for looking.
      I know how you feel my characters in general always seem to become targets too!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. I really love the gang roster, is this a format you could share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peter thanks for visiting and your comment!
      Re the roster here's what I did;
      -Searched images online for 'old west wanted poster'
      -Found an empty template picture I liked copied it to my PC
      -Inserted the picture into a Word doc twice
      -Resized tht two images to fit on a landscape page with narrow margins
      -Drew a text box each with no line and 100% transperancy
      -Typed the roster into the text box (I've now got a western font on my PC for next time!)

      Delete