Tuesday 12 January 2021

28mm Sarissa Buildings - Halved Buildings for Doubled Frontage

Okay that was a confusing post title!

For our Great Antipodean Adventure games I am trying to place all the action in the city of Sydney where naturally most rioting would take place so that means lots of buildings! I have been carefully using parks to reduce the need for them so far but will have to bite the bullet at some time and up the number I own. I find using full buildings along a table edge a bit wasteful so I thought about building the frontage of some terraced buildings from scratch, that idea has progressed very slowly! So I had another thought, I have some cheap Sarissa single story houses, what if I cut them in half so I get double the frontage along a table edge! If it works I could easily pick up some more!

Step 1, see what I've got...

Step 2, chop in half all the 'side' bits and pre-paint...

Step 3, extend the top of the shorter roof part with some MDF of cuts...

Step 4, assemble, add the window/door details and touch up the paint...


It worked, see the below test set up...they can even still be entered and used as cover

Now I'll check the Sarissa range from the most suitable very wide single story buildings and get enough for a couple of table edges!

4 comments: